What we do…
Through our network of commodity logistics centers and team of industry experts, Ceres Global Ag Corp procures and supplies North American agricultural commodities and value-added products, and provides reliable supply chain logistics services to industrial products, fertilizer products, and energy products customers worldwide.
Ceres is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota and together with its affiliated companies, operates 15 locations across Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Minnesota. At Ceres, our core values of Collaboration, Precision, Creating Value, and Owning the Outcome provide the base for everything we do. We’re relatively small but we’re growing and we dream big, and we’re seeking talented people to join our team.
What we need...
The Grain Accountant will play an important role in providing timely financial reporting and analysis to Ceres’ grain product lines and related businesses. This position will report to the Commodity Controller and will work in a fun, flexible, and focused team environment that provides challenges along with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
What you'd do...
- Commodity margin analysis
- Account reconciliations
- Inventory and mark to market valuations
- Position reconciliations (Daily and Monthly)
- Government and industry reporting
- Assist in the weekly borrowing base preparation
- Assist with the monthly P&L preparation
- Review transactions for completeness and accuracy
- Support the quarterly and yearly audit function
- Learn key Grain accounting terms, functions and procedures common within the industry
- Operate as a valuable member of a small team while also building relationships throughout the organization
- Embrace and demonstrate the core values of the company – Collaboration, Precision, Creating Value, and Owning the Outcome
What you'd need...
- Associate or 4-year degree, business or finance degree preferred
- At least three years of overall accounting experience
- MS Dynamics GP experience
- Excellent accounting skills and attention to detail
- Excel and MS office skills
- Self starter with the ability and desire to solve ambiguous problems in a fast paced and dynamic environment
What will move your resume to the top of the list...
- Experience in Grain accounting
- Smartsoft or Agtech experience